RAWALPINDI: Pakistan’s top military commanders on Friday expressed serious concern over what they called the “feeding of a false and fabricated story of an important security meeting”, terming it a breach of national security.
The ‘fabricated story’ was an apparent reference to a news report published in English newspaper and english newspaper regarding the recent National Security Committee meeting which alleged a rift between civilian and military on the issue of tackling jihadi outfits.
Participants of the Corps Commanders Conference, presided by Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, held a comprehensive review of the country’s internal and external security situation with particular focus on the prevailing environment at the Line of Control and operational preparedness of the Army.
Rejecting the absurd Indian claims of hoax surgical strikes as an attempt to divert the world’s attention away from brutalities being committed by the Indian Army against innocent Kashmiris, the forum resolved that any attempt of misadventurism and irresponsible act would be met with the most befitting response.
While expressing complete satisfaction over operational preparedness of the troops, COAS reiterated Pakistan Army’s resolve to defend the motherland at any cost against full spectrum of threat, said an ISPR statement.
Recounting the successes of Operation Zarb-e-Azb so far and resultant stability being achieved to propel Pakistan into a new phase of development and prosperity, the Army chief re-emphasised the need for sustained efforts on internal security to defeat all hostile attempts to reverse our gains.
The participants resolved to continue sustained and focused combing and intelligence-based operations across the length and breadth of the country to uproot terrorism harmonizing it with implementation of the National Action Plan to address extremism and other causes of terrorism, said the statement.